Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Travel By Thought: McCluskey - The Lost Album

Looking through the Mini-Discs in my attic the other day I found the only surviving copy of a set of recordings I made over 10 years ago, when I was into writing and recording using computers and MIDI equipment.

I wrote 18 pieces based on 'themes' from the music of Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark and named them after one of the group's two main members - Andy McCluskey.

Listening to them after all this time, I am quite satisfied with the results - I only had a bedroom to record in, a few pieces of MIDI equipment and an Atari ST, but apart from the odd glitch here and there, the tracks still sound pretty reasonable efforts.

Anyway, to prevent them being lost for another 10 or more years, I have put them up on my web site for my easy access and for the world to stumble across in the unlikely event that anyone else is interested:

http://www.openfeature.co.uk/cnstrct/sound.htm

No comments: